Monday, March 28, 2005

3/28/05

All the snow is melted, the sun is out and the colors in the garden are starting to get really good. The forsythia and the first daffodils opened yesterday. One more snow??? we'll see.
Thursday we drove up to Chico Hot Springs (near Yellowstone Park). The morning drive was not good as the roads were slushy, lots of cars and four wheel drive vehicles in the ditch. Coming home the next afternoon was totally different.
Along the way i noticed the color coming up in the osiers along the river, and the first sandhill cranes are back!
Saturday in the studio was great. i felt focused for the first time in a while and really had a good time painting.
posted below are some results, interspersed with a few finished pieces.
It is all out of sequence, sorry. [i have a lot to learn about this blogging. For example, where should i respond to comments? in the comments section, privately, or here on the "front page' of the blog? what are the protocals i need to know? TIA for any helpful hints.]
enjoy this day!

6 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Where to respond to comments? This is a very very good question. Private responses are wonderful -- but once the original comment is made public, others probably would be interested in your response as well. But, then they have to keep checking back to the comments section. Responding in a new post is good, but that seems more appropriate for "big picture" type questions. Clearly, I am no help at all. Let me know if you come up with a good "standard operating procedure" for this.

Karoda said...

ummm, where to respond??? and do you respond to each comment????? i don't expect to have all my comments to others acknowledged each time...that seems too high an expectation...so what do we do????

Rule book for blogging 101, anyone?

Gerrie said...

Do you have your blog set to receive comments as e-mail? I do and if the comment was not posted bt anonymous, then I respond to the e-mail, otherwise I might wait and respond in a new post. That's what I do and I'm sticking to it!

PaMdora said...

Hi Laura! I was surprised to find your blog today--I didn't know you had joined the webring.

I haven't figured it out and have been trying something different each week. Sometimes I respond to the email notification privately, sometimes I post a response on my own posting, and sometimes I address a comment in my next post since I've seen Melody do that often. I guess like anything else, depends on the circumstances.

Looking forward to seeing that WIP when it's done!

Judi W. said...

Here's what I do about comments .. I always email an answer because I want my readers to know that I value their input and I don't know if they will go back to my blog to look for the answer. Plus I think a personal answer is a nice thing to do. But if I think my answer would be interesting and benefit others I also post it as a comment under the original post. Sometimes you get comments that have absolutely nothing to do with your post so there's no reason to answer publicly. Make sense?
Judi
http://www.artdolls.info

Judi W. said...

Here's what I do about comments .. I always email an answer because I want my readers to know that I value their input and I don't know if they will go back to my blog to look for the answer. Plus I think a personal answer is a nice thing to do. But if I think my answer would be interesting and benefit others I also post it as a comment under the original post. Sometimes you get comments that have absolutely nothing to do with your post so there's no reason to answer publicly. Make sense?
Judi
http://www.artdolls.info